Hey hey there!! Happy post-Christmas haze, peeps. I’m currently allowing my children to get drunk on Xbox because that is what you do after Christmas gifts are opened, right? Hope so.
How was your Christmas this year? Or your Hanakuh? Or your Festivus? Or your Boxing Day? How did it all go down? Did you lurve your time with family and want to marry it or was it completely unbearable?
For today, I’ve got to focus on putting the house in some sort of order, scheduling some activities for the boys for post-break life, and of course, drinking coffee. Because I’m getting really good at it. I also have a few blog posts to get written but before I get all schmoltzy and sentimental, I thought I’d give you all a little bit of Mama Brehm background with some things you maybe know/maybe don’t about me…
1. My husband’s middle name is Thomas and so is our Oldest’s. My middle name is Brooke and our Middlest’s is Brooks. And the wee one has my maiden name as his mid-moniker — Eickman.
2. My fave candle scent is always anything coconut. My fave shower gel is Amazing Grace by Philosophy. My fave perfume is Heavenly by VS.
3. I got diagnosed with Stage 2a Triple Positive Angiolymphatic Invasion Breast Cancer at age 33.
4. Along with God and the best team ever — Nebraska Medicine — cancer got kicked to the curb in 2016.
5. I have three boys and love that fact! I also have 10 nephews. And one niece.
6. I was a religious drinker of Diet Coke until age 32. I started drinking coffee and no longer drink soda. In fact, it tastes horrible to me now. Unless it’s mixed with alcohol (true story).
7. I prefer salty over sweet. I prefer appetizers over desserts.
8. I played the piano as a child and was HORRIBLE (9 years of lessons). Then I learned the trumpet, baritone, and trombone. I now play the guitar. Sorta.
9. I have a Bachelors of Journalism in Advertising from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I only worked in PR for one year.
10. I’ve mostly worked in non-profit… the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and JDRF.
11. My fave movie is Sleepless in Seattle. Second fave = empire records. Third… Meet me in St Louis.
12. I always like to have a blanket if I’m sitting around the house.
13. I took dance for 11 years … tap, jazz, ballet, Pointe, and lyrical. I was mostly awful.
14. I went to the State Tournament in Doubles Tennis when I was in high school.
15. I went to 5 proms my senior year of high school.
16. I love Mexican food.
17. I started blogging in 2008 when I found out I was pg with our first babe. That’s why it’s named “Baby on the Brehm” because I had a baby ON the brehm and on the brain. I now have a goal of getting to 10k Facebook followers in 2017 so I can have a better shot of getting a book published!
18. My husband is a brilliant tech guy and I prefer a written calendar. How he puts up with me is sort of beyond me.
19. My parents have been married for a bajillion years. But really, 43, I think?!
20. As a kid, my favorite food was Cheez Whiz sandwiches. On white bread. I hated pizza.
21. I prefer baths to showers and might take the quickest showers ever.
22. My bro, sis, and I all have February birthdays and are 2 years apart each. I am the youngest.
23. The hubs and I love to snuggle while we sleep. Most people find this to be BIZARRE.
24. I am obsessed with Christmas music. And I love the star of the show, Jesus. Good guy, that Jesus.
25. I collect mugs.
So there ya go… a smattering of Mama Brehm trivia and facts.
What about you?! Tell me something fun about yourself!